Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sabbath and Retreat

This morning I was pleased to find that TBC's Spiritual Formation/Prayer Time focused on Sabbath. I am not good at practicing this, at all! I would much rather run fast and never slow down. However, I have had opportunity to rest and reflect in the past week. It has been a welcomed time of discovery and understanding.


My resting and reflecting has all been in preparation for a retreat/conference I am attending this coming week. I leave tomorrow for the hill country of Texas: Kerrville. A group of about fifteen are headed to the Lutheran retreat center there to spend time reflecting on "Imaginative Reading for Creative Preaching" (or, Teaching, in my case!). I have read some wonderful novels and great short stories to prepare. I will let you know how the week turns out when I get back.


And, Sunday school outlines will be up by next Sunday...stay tuned.


Lory

No comments: