Saturday, May 9, 2009

Life Update

Things have been a bit crazy around here lately. Finals have come and gone....over 60 pages turned in between three classes. Chip has been super sick with some kind of sinus/strep stuff. Mom and Dad are coming tomorrow for Chips graduation Monday night, which he may or may not be able to attend.

So, I've been playing nurse and maid the last few days. And it's been a job!

It's been a job because I don't do nurse duty well. I don't have tons of patience and I want to do what I want to do, which does not usually mean taking care of sickly people. In addition, I don't deep clean my house often. So, when the parents come, I have to spend several days vacuuming, dusting and making sure everything is where it belongs. It would be so much easier if I would do a little bit more often.

That's how my spiritual life is a lot of the time. I go for long periods without a good, deep cleaning or examination. Life just goes and goes and goes okay for a while. Then, I begin to notice things are going as smoothly. I am less patient. I am angry more often about more things, most of which are really insignificant. I am bitter more often. I am frustrated more.

If I would just take some time on a regular (say, weekly or even DAILY) to really examine my spiritual life, to really dig into who I am and where God is leading, these moments of completely crashing and getting stuck with sickness and stinky-ness would not come as much..nor would they be as bad.

Where are you? Are you in need of some cleaning and medicine? Are you seeking fully? Are you spending time evaluating your life? Am I?

1 comment:

Lory said...

UPDATE: Chip went to the doctor this afternoon and got antibiotics. He should be better in a few days. lmh