Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New Beginnings...

Tomorrow I will spend my last night at Trinity Baptist Church in Harker Heights, Texas. I have been a member there for almost four years. In that time I have been honored to teach preschoolers, children and youth in various classes. I have spent time with a wonderful group of ladies on Tuesday afternoons. I have made friends that will always be near and dear to my heart.

I am leaving because I have a job! Starting Sunday, May 2nd I will officially be the Minister to Children and Youth at First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Paris, Texas. It is an opportunity to go home and minister in the place I grew up. It is a chance to serve alongside some incredible people. I am blessed to be headed in this direction.

And yet, while I am excited, I am also realizing that Central Texas has been home for more than nine years. I love this place. I love the diversity. I love the folks serving in our military. I love the scenery and culture here. I will miss it immensely.

So, as I look forward, I look back. I am grateful for my time here. I am excited about my time there. And as always, I am humbled to serve others in ministry.

No comments: