Monday, December 21, 2009

As the New Year approaches...

I've been thinking lately about the goals and resolutions I will set for 2010. I have been thinking about how I can simplify and live a more productive life, now that I am out of school (well, for a while anyway). I know, simplify and production don't usually go together. However, I truly believe that if I focus on what's important I will be more productive and life a calmer life.

So, here are some things I am going to attempt in 2010 (with some longer range goals included). These are meant to challenge me in areas of personal growth, ministry and faith. I will try to update you as I go along this coming year so you can know where I stand on each of these.

1. Read at least 1 book a week on a variety of topics. (faith, leadership, ministry, education, adult learning, cognition, fiction, economics, etc.)

2. Workout at least 4 times a week. (This may mean walking around the block...I want to participate in a 5k in 2011.)

3. Spend time being really present with people.

4. Journal and write reflectively (be it poetry, prose, or painting..just some form).

5. Work to simplify finances and dependency on others in this area. (Paying down bills, eating at home, etc.)

6. Take advantage of free entertainment and activities. (or those of little cost in the community.)

7. Begin researching ideas, topics and information for a DMin project.


Ok, so that list doesn't seem simple, but it will keep me focused on things I think are important, namely learning and living. We will see how it works out in 2010.

Grace and Peace.

No comments: