Sunday, November 29, 2009

Reading and Reviews

Recently I signed up to be a blog book reviewer with Thomas Nelson Publishers. I am excited about being able to read some advanced copies of books and sharing my thoughts about them with you. I am currently reading a book about the Eucharist (Lord's Supper, Communion, Mass, etc.)

In addition to this reading opportunity, I found out last week that I will be attending a retreat the first week in January entitled "Imaginative Reading for Creative Preaching." I will spend a week with pastors and ministers from around the country (some friends and some friends-to-be). We will read a variety of novels, short stories and poems. Then, we will spend time discussing them and seeing how they can help us better understand the world around us. The setting will be the beautiful Camp Chrysalis in the Kerrville area. I had a wonderful time last year and am looking forward to this year's group.

Ultimately, both of these things will challenge me to read and reflect more than I would normally do. I hope to make these continuing practices as I head towards graduation and enter the real world.

Grace and peace.

No comments: